Saturday 3 September 2011

Rise & shine.....

Morning, up early as two of my boys have football matches. One's 12 & the other is 11yrs old. All my boys are football mad! That's why I thank my blessings for having a girl at last & my niece who lives with us too.

It all started when I decided to do up my niece's bedroom. She is getting older now so I wanted something that was bright & for her age, something simple......
I started looking on the Internet for things I could buy for her room with the theme I was looking for. I started looking on eBay for stuff  & started looking at cushions that people where making & selling on there.

I then thought to myself ,'these must be easy to make'.

That's when I decided to get a sewing machine!
The only type of sewing I've ever done was mend holes in kids clothes, replacing buttons & cross stitch at primary school & a few little kits along the years.
I had never used a sewing machine before in my life!

When I got my Singer machine I read through the manual & started.
"It was as if I was a natural at it."

The first item I made was a, 4 square patchwork cushion with ties..
I was so impressed with it, that I decided to try more stuff. I started getting sewing books & looking on the Internet for ideas & help. Theyre was quite alot of stuff I found & all so helpfully, more that what I thought I would find.
 'You could say I'm a fast learner'!! lol

Well here's what I've made & done to my niece's room. Spring last year!......


This was my 1st cushion I made & a little matching heart.



This was another cushion that I made for her room.....


I started buying things for her room & brought this unit which had a cream lining in the basket.
 I wanted to change it, to match the cushion I made.



Here some of the before stage of her bedroom makeover pictures


Her room is very small. I wanted to try & make more space, well as much as I could!........


I brought all white furniture ( Now that's she at an age where she would take care of it. Early Teenager! ), made the curtain that's up at the window & made a valance for the window too, in a Laura
Ashley Fabric.
Here's some more after pictures, nice & fresh with space!....


I totally changed everything.....



Still girly but with an older style too!...



The butterfly wall sticker I got for her, 'So Pretty'.

The finished room!

What do you think? She so loved it! I totally designed it myself even made a plan of what I wanted & it all fitted together perfectly. x


Please feel free to post a comment or ask me anythink you like. I'm intrested in know what you think of my blog, what I could do to improve it (if you think I do).

Thank you for popping by
xxxxx

2 comments:

  1. Hi there, I am new to your blog - I shall be your newest follower. Your makes are beautiful. Especially the gingham cushion. The butterfly sticker is fab too. I would love something like that on our walls but some bright spark artexed them! Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sue, thank you so much for following me & for that lovely comment you made. O I so love cupcakes! I make some every other week & find my self eating the lot, lol. I will a great follower!
    Thanks again for following, can't wait to read your blog & I'm sure we will be chatting some more. Nat xx

    ReplyDelete