Sunday 4 September 2011

Afternoon.....

Well, today was another good day, had a bit of a lie in this morning. Was up a bit late cutting fabric stripes for my ruffles & ties. The weather on the other hand, has totally changed from yesterday!
Its was hot & sunny yesterday & today its cold & raining.
Whats happened there! Anyway I......


.....Had a cuppa (of coffee) to wake me up before I set the table for breakfast (before all the kids come rushing in!).  After breakfast I got straight back to the sewing machine, to start sewing again while kids tidyed up the rooms, as its Cleaning Day in our house! The day where I clean out everywhere & the day where the kids clean their rooms proberly! Well you have to keep checking as they end up playing & not doing it probly...... I did'nt do all the cleaning I wanted to as I wanted to finsh of sewing.

 But first, here's what I did yesterday......


This is one of the dinning chair cushions I'm making at the moment.


& here's the 2nd one........2 more to go!



And now for the preview of the Doll's Pram Set I'm making at the moment.

Here's what I did yesterday.....



My patchwork square's stitched together, then I added the white boarder stripe!
Until I noticed that they were to short!! I not good at measurements, lol. So I unpicked them started again.....


Finally after I managed to get the boarder stripe's, the right size, I sewed them together around the edges of my patchwork piece.

Then I added a lace frill around the edge of the patchwork. I turned the frayed end of the frill, over, to make a neat edge. Pinned it, all the way round.

Now when It comes to the corner's, well I hate them! Lol.
I can never seem to get them perfect! Does anyone else have that trouble?? Please leave a comment if so.....



At the for corner's I will be adding later on these little white rose's.




This is the pillow, that's part of the set, that I'm working on. This is just to give you an idea of what It will, kind of , look like! Sorry the photo is turned to the side.



Here is the last picture that I will be showing you of this project as the next time will be the finished set. I have pinned the 2" ruffle I made with a 4" stripe of lemon cotton fabric, folded it in half , pressed & basted stitched it all the way down the long side, edge( not the side that has the fold).
once that's done, you can start to gather your fabric by holding the bottom thread & carefully pulling the top thread. You have to make sure you are using a really strong cotton tread for this as it may break when pulling. This still happens to me!

That's It from me today will be back to post again tomorrow sometime, as the kids are back to school, hurray!!!! & I have to get on with finishing dinner. Early night tonight as It's gonna be a busy start!

I will post some more picture's of things I've made already while I'm finishing of the Prams Set & Dinning Chair Cushions.

So I'm going to say a early Good Night & God Bless blogger's!.......

 x

No comments:

Post a Comment